    Date (Harald Koenig) writes:

    > > could somebody enlighten me? According to POSIX.1 the following
    > > program should exit with status 0:
    > not really an explanation but a pointer:
    > if you're really only using read(2) for reading, things work as expected:

    Hhm, the test case appears in the form I posted in the POSIX test
    suite and I assume POSIX 2003.1 explicitly mentions this test.

    I looked a bit through the arch specific signal handling but haven't
    understood it really. There is already some special handling for
    returning calls to a signal handler. It tests whether a syscall was
    interrupted but I cannot find out what really happens. The POSIX test
    makes me think that at least for some syscalls the syscall should be
    aborted with EINTR.

    -- Uli
    ---------------. ,-. Rubensstrasse 5
    Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ 76149 Karlsruhe/Germany

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.019 / U:6.760 seconds]