SubjectDialup-loops
Hello,

trying to discuss the dialup-loops with dynamic-IP-interfaces like an
isdn-dialup line the result for now is the following:

A patch wich reduces the timeouts for TCP minimizes the cost-intensive
dialup-loops with dynamic-ip-ipppd-connections which sometimes accure.
This is not a final solutium, but no one typed in the code for killing
sockets when taking a dynamic-ip-link down. I neither take guarantie
for success in the patches objectives nor for producing coherences. Use
at your own risk. By the way, the patch works on my local firewall
protected network containing tree linux workstation all with patched
code for some days.

................ciao for now
--
Since technology has became more solvent, the overhead grew dued to the
possibility of more adaptivity and flexibility of the systems. This anew

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.033 / U:0.032 seconds]