    SubjectRe: PPP-Problem?! A short question...

    Tuomas Heino wrote:

    > netscape does that sometimes on _SLOW_ connections... you might have
    > wrong MTU or something... (common values for MTU are 296, 1006 and
    > 1500(default))

    This is not a netscape issue, I`d say. Seems more likely to be a
    congested router dropping frames. Since TCP/IP is an end-to-end
    protocol, all handshaking about flow control is done between the two
    peer partners. It's difficult to decide whether the frames got dropped
    due to congestion or were lost on a noisy line, and if your decision is
    wrong, the actions you take against it are likely to make things worse
    ;-)

    Try decreasing the MTU setting, but don't go below 296. Try decreasing
    the number of simultaneous connections in netscapes' "Options/Network
    Preferences".

    BTW this is a bit off topic in the linux-kernel list ,-)

    --
    Matthias

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:178.848 seconds]