    SubjectRe: Possible kernel optimization

    Joe Fouche wrote:

    > Sounds OK with me, but why stop there? Make every part of the kernel
    > internals a module. Then, to upgrade a system, one unloads everything except
    > the module code, then reloads all the new modules except the init module,
    > then loads the init module. And boom, it boots again. :) So upgrading is
    > only necessary when updating the module code.
    > I'm sure this is just as easy as it sounds. :)
    > --
    > _ ____ Joe Fouche (
    > ___| |--- Deranged College Student
    That would be great indeed. If you need a different behaviour of your
    system, then you can simply change a certain kernel module.

    For example:

    - Changing the memory manager for people with less memory

    It would make live easier for kernel developers: simply plug in a new
    module. No longer recompile and link of the kernel !

    PGP: Finger for PGP public key, KeyID 3B896721
    WWW: (Also PGP public key)

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.023 / U:1.240 seconds]