    SubjectRe: Possible kernel optimization
    Date

    Joe Fouche wrote:

    > Sounds OK with me, but why stop there? Make every part of the kernel
    > internals a module. Then, to upgrade a system, one unloads everything except
    > the module code, then reloads all the new modules except the init module,
    > then loads the init module. And boom, it boots again. :) So upgrading is
    > only necessary when updating the module code.
    >
    > I'm sure this is just as easy as it sounds. :)
    > --
    > _ ____ Joe Fouche (jf@ugcs.caltech.edu)
    > ___| |--- Deranged College Student

    That would be great indeed. If you need a different behaviour of your
    system, then you can simply change a certain kernel module.

    For example:

    - Changing the memory manager for people with less memory

    etc...

    It would make live easier for kernel developers: simply plug in a new
    module. No longer recompile and link of the kernel !

    Bas.

    --
    E-mail: sgm@stack.nl, S.G.A.H.Mevissen@stud.tue.nl
    PGP: Finger sgm@toad.stack.nl for PGP public key, KeyID 3B896721

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.017 / U:120.432 seconds]