SubjectRe: Proposal: restrict link(2)

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Illuminati Primus wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Steve VanDevender wrote:
>
> > If you think it's that easy and necessary, then do it yourself. You've
> > got the kernel source, after all. I myself happen to think there's no
> > good reason to change the behavior of link() in a way that makes it
> > incompatible with other UNIX systems, or to make any such change part of
>
> I hope that your attitude doesnt mean that you also wish linux didnt
> support hardware you have no need for.

I think his attitude just means that he wishes people would stop asking
for features that they aren't prepared to implement. While not the most
tolerant of outlooks, it's perfectly reasonable. He also stated that he
didn't see any need for this feature himself. He certainly didn't say
that he would actively try to prevent others from providing it.

phil

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.310 / U:0.704 seconds]