    SubjectRe: Proposal: restrict link(2)

    Greg Alexander writes:
    > That this thread continues is amazingly disgusting. There is _NO_ reason
    > not to just add a simple mount option. It won't add more than 50 lines of
    > code. Who cares if it breaks something, I'm not making you use it. I'd
    > rather like to use it on my system. I don't want users locking files that
    > they don't own anyways.

    If you think it's that easy and necessary, then do it yourself. You've
    got the kernel source, after all. I myself happen to think there's no
    good reason to change the behavior of link() in a way that makes it
    incompatible with other UNIX systems, or to make any such change part of
    a distribution Linux kernel.

    "On the other hand, the Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of
    danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it."
    -- Linus Torvalds

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.049 / U:41.152 seconds]