SubjectRe: Proposal: restrict link(2)

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Chris Adams wrote:

> So yes, Harald is correct, hard links screw up disk quotas, disk usage
> and disk space accounting.
>
> I just realized this the other day as I was planning out how to
> implement disk quotas and disk usage billing on my system.

What about disabling hard links at the filesystem level for specific
filesystems. Perhaps this could be an option in the ext2 and other fs
code. Perhaps not a kernel issue, necessarily.

--
William Burrow -- Fredericton Area Network, New Brunswick, Canada
Copyright 1996 William Burrow

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.098 / U:0.208 seconds]