    SubjectRe: Core dumps & restarting
    > Sounds like what you *really* want is the thing Novell calls SFTIII. I've
    > never seen it myself, but I gather the idea is to have (usually) two
    > machines with identical hardware (and preferrably a *very fast* dedicated
    > network connecting them), acting to the outside world like a single
    > machine. One of them dies, you clients never notice.

    Its impressive. I saw a demo of this at a network show and they were picking
    random failures and doing them to servers. Sort of spin the dial - power fail
    so off one went and one it came again. They apparently ended the show by
    flattening a compaq server with an anvil while the other continued - alas
    I missed that bit.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.024 / U:29.644 seconds]