SubjectRe: Core dumps & restarting
Date
> Sounds like what you *really* want is the thing Novell calls SFTIII. I've
> never seen it myself, but I gather the idea is to have (usually) two
> machines with identical hardware (and preferrably a *very fast* dedicated
> network connecting them), acting to the outside world like a single
> machine. One of them dies, you clients never notice.

Its impressive. I saw a demo of this at a network show and they were picking
random failures and doing them to servers. Sort of spin the dial - power fail
so off one went and one it came again. They apparently ended the show by
flattening a compaq server with an anvil while the other continued - alas
I missed that bit.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.105 / U:0.476 seconds]