    SubjectRe: Wanted: Logitec Scanner - Any support ?

    > On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 wrote:
    > >
    > > Davids Lists writes:
    > > > Is there any way to input images from a Logitech Pagescan Color from Linux?
    > > [...]
    > >
    > > Me, too.
    > >
    > > Rick
    > >
    > Me, too :-)

    Okay, don't you think its time to actually _do_ something ??

    That's what I've discoverd so far:

    - Logitech doesn't respond to any enquiries regardless to which
    address (i.e. other than sending you a well-formulated RTFM).

    - The Windows driver does only work with Win3.1 & Win95

    - It is possible to start Windows under dosemu, but either it fails
    with 'VTDAPI.386 not found' (if installed normally) or segfaults in
    PROGMAN.EXE (if driver=timer.drv is uncommented in system.ini) or
    segfaults in PPACMD16.DLL ( if both driver=timer.drv and
    WAKEUP16.DLL is uncommented in system.ini ). The main scanner
    program does not work in any case.

    - The windows drivers are tricky; I'm under the impression that they
    configure the scanner by only _reading_ the various ports (0x378,
    0x379 and 0x37a IIRC).

    - The log-files from the logitech driver are close to useless.

    - Can anybody confirm that it is possible to configure the scanner by
    only _reading_ ports ??
    ( I could supply the logfiles from dosemu if needed )

    - Can somebody (preferrably in the US) contact Logitech to sqeeze some
    information out of them ?

    Don't hestitate to contact me.

    Happy hacking

    Hannes Reinecke <>

    Or Manchester. He was particularly
    fond of Manchester.
    T.Pratchett: Good Omens

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.020 / U:42.020 seconds]