SubjectRe: Glitch in sys_chroot()
Date

> Sorry, what should this code do? I tried it on several machines (NetBSD
> among others), and experienced nothing but what I expected, namely a login
> shell in the root (/) directory. The same thing you can achieve by
> (cd /; sh -login)
> What am I missing? What do you want to demonstrate?

If you are locked into an anonymous ftp area for example and manage to
execute programs, the normal assumption is you cannot get out of that
chroot area. The program above does if you can get to be root. Thus it
makes it much harder to create an area on a machine you cannot break out from

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.079 / U:1.204 seconds]