    SubjectRe: RFC: A generic pointer protocol

    On Thu, 14 Nov 1996 wrote:

    > >> Successive motion events should be clustered whenever possible: an
    > >> application reading the pointing device wants the `current' information,
    > > This is not always true, if one uses a drawing app (ala Photoshop)
    > > then the device movement history is VERY important, [...]

    Clustering is not useful in the case of, for instance, handwriting
    recognition (we all want embedded Linux PDAs now don't we :) ). I would
    suggest that rather than a compile time option, that an interface to
    kmouse be implemented to toggle clustering.

    Perhaps even some heuristic to cluster upto N events, but no more, with
    rules to force locations where buttons were pressed to never be

    Best Regards,

    Mark Cooke The views expressed above are mine
    Systems Programmer and do not reflect in any way the
    University Of Birmingham current policy of my employers.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.016 / U:18.512 seconds]