SubjectRe: (Official) High-Sierra documentation?
Date

Followup to: <199611121023.KAA05883@isengard.merrill>
By author: ". Tethys " SYSTEM ADMIN " X" <tethys@lonnds.ml.com>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> >Does anybody know where I can find the (maybe official) documentation
> >of the High-Sierra filesystem for cdroms? It's NOT ISO9660.
>
> Are you sure about this? My understanding was that the High Sierra
> filesystem was the standard filesystem for CD-ROMS when they first
> came out. ISO then adopted it as their standard since it was the
> most widespread FS in use on CD-ROMS. In its formats section, the
> CD-R FAQ (http://www.cd-info.com/CDIC/Technology/CD-R/FAQ.html) says:
>
> ISO 9660
> file layout standard (formerly called High Sierra)

My understanding is there is a minor difference in the layout of the
superblock; if you look in the Linux kernel I think it has a HS and an
ISO 9660 superblock.

-hpa
--
Not speaking for Transmeta in any way, shape or form.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.048 / U:0.604 seconds]