SubjectRe: unusual startup messages
On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Crypto issues are pretty murky, and they are definitely going to get
> > murkier. Strongish crypto shouldn't get into the kernel since it'll
> > make the kernel inaccessible to a decent number of people.
> An interface to it has to get into the kernel. The fact some people have
> totalitarian big brother governments isnt a Linux problem. Making it modular
> means those people who don't want to emigrate to get the best from their OS
> can avoid bits.
> Alan

The U.S. government won't even allow module interfaces from what I
understand. No 'enabling technologies' and all that bullshit.

So we have to be really careful about the crypto interface to the

| Nathan Bryant | Resident Unix Geek |
| | Burgess Business Solutions, Inc. |

 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.059 / U:1.988 seconds]