SubjectExtending task_struct with a task_queue ?
Date
Hi
The following problem is similar to switching the FPU context:
I'm using a framegrabber, which provides 8 Lookup-Tables.
Every Task which uses the grabber can have a private LUT.
So its necessary to switch the LUT on Task Switches if the
next task uses a different LUT.
What about adding a task_queue to the task-struct which
is executed before switch_to(task_xy); ?
Any comments, or suggestions how to do this without
changes in Kernel ?

The reason I wan't to do this is the low speed of the new
put_user(). (I have to copy every second Byte of a memory area to
the user-space, because I need only the upper 8 Bits of 16 Bit Values )
2.0.22 I did everything in Kernel mode, but If LUT'S would be
switched automatically I could do everything from user-space.

Jochen

------

xgras -- The Great RHEED-Analysis System for X
http://wpfd25.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~karrer/xgras/xgras.html

------

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.047 / U:0.092 seconds]