      Date: 	Mon, 30 Sep 1996 15:19:08 +0200
    From: Herbert Wengatz <>

    +> I am one of those idiots that was ignorant (and broke) enough
    +> to buy a motherboard with the UM888BF chipsets (PCI/VLB). I have
    +> only been able to confirm one problem with writes from SCSI to IDE.

    OK. It seems you suffered from some brokem PCI-Bridge-Chip, not from SCSI !

    +> That was with a 2940UW. This was fatal to the controller in the
    +> fact that it continued to corrupt data from the first time he tried
    +> it (with a 2+ meg file). I ordered a Buslogic 948C and hope this
    +> does not happen to me before I have the money to buy a new board.

    I don't know, wether the Buslogic will do any better, when the problem
    is in the PCI-Bridge-Chip ?!

    If your motherboard has serious problems with PCI, then it's unlikely switching
    SCSI controllers will help much. Spend the money on a better quality
    motherboard first.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.016 / U:5.560 seconds]